Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Resentment

I wish I could believe youThen I'll be alrightBut now everything they told meReally don't apply

To the way I feel insideLoving you was easy once upon a timeBut now my suspicions of you are multiplyingAnd it's all because you lied

I only give you a hard time'Cause I can't go on and pretend likeI haven't tried to forgive thisBut I'm much too full of resentment

Just can't seem to get over the way you hurt meDon't know how you gave anotherDidn't mean a thing, noThe very thing you gave to me

I thought I could forgive youAnd I know you've changedAs much as I wanna trust youI know it ain't the sameAnd it's all because you lied

I only give you a hard time'Cause I can't go on and pretend likeI haven't tried to forgive thisBut I'm much too full of resentment

I may never understand whyI'm doing the best that I can, and II tried and I tried to forgive thisAnd I'm much too full of resentment

I'll always remember feelingLike I was no good
Like I couldn't do it for youAnd your mistress couldAnd it's all because you lied

Loved you more than everMore than my own lifeThe best part of me I gave youYeah, I would sacrificeAnd it's all because you lied

I only give you a hard time'Cause I can't go on and pretend likeI tried and I tried to forgive thisBut I'm damn too full of resentment

I know she was attractiveBut I was here firstBeen riding with you for six yearsWhy did I deserveTo be treated this way by you, you?

I know you're probably thinkingWhat's up with B?I've been crying for too longWhat did you do to me?

I used to be so strongBut now you took my soulI'm crying, can't stop cryingCan't stop crying

You could've told me you wasn't happyI know you didn't want to hurt meLook what you've done to me nowI gotta look at her in her eyesAnd see she's had half of meHow could you lie?

No comments:

Post a Comment